If you’re like us, you probably have a ton of crayons around the house. Some are in good condition, some not so much. Have you ever tried recycling those crayon bits into new crayons? This is the project you need! Making them into flower-shaped crayons is a really fun idea for spring and summer, too. My girls love these homemade flower crayons!
Homemade Flower Crayons
Now you can use the old bits of crayons you have around, but if you want specific colors or you’re making these as party favors with a certain color scheme, you can use new crayons.
You will also need-
*You might need to remove the crayon wrappers with a knife, so do this ahead of time so kids won’t get cut with the knife.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. (Parent step)To remove the wrappers from your crayons, carefully score the crayon wrapper with a knife from top to bottom and the wrapper should slide right off (some you will have to use your nails and peel off)
3. Break your crayons in small pieces
4. Place your broken crayons inside the molds
5. Put your molds in the oven, cook for about 8 minutes
6. Carefully take your tray out of the oven with oven mits and set on a flat surface until they start to slightly harden then transfer to the freezer for around 20 minutes
7. Carefully remove the crayons from your molds by pressing up on the bottoms and they are ready to use!
Have you ever made recycled crayons like this?
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- Adding Variety to your Homeschool - July 16, 2018
- DSST Exams: A Fast Track to Saving Time and Money on College - July 10, 2018
- Homeschooling with Living Books - July 6, 2018