We first discovered science fun with The Magic School Bus when my oldest daughter was four. She’s 14 now and has fond memories of Ms. Frizzle as her younger sisters and I read through the books together now.
When I heard that The Magic School Bus has a year-long hands-on science kit subscription delivered straight to the doorstep, I knew it was something that we would love!
For All the Kids Who Love to Ask “Why?”
The Magic School Bus Science Club is a 12- month science kit subscription based on the award-winning series, The Magic School Bus. If you haven’t heard about the series before, each of the stories center on the antics of a frizzy-red haired fictional elementary school teacher, Ms. Frizzle, and her class, who board a “magic school bus” to take them on field trips to impossible locations, like the solar system, clouds, the past, and inside the human body. This story-based learning took the science scene by storm in the 90’s.
Magic School Bus Science Kits
The kit subscription takes it to the next level with HANDS ON learning that all ties into the stories! It’s also HALF OFF FOR 10 MORE DAYS! This is a great choice for families with multiple children, kinesthetic, and visual learners – and just a fun, educational activity for a rainy day! The kits include experiments related to Volcanoes, Weather, Water, Fossils, Bacteria and Fungi, Stars and Planets, and the weather.
One experiment I’ve been really excited to try is the Volcano Kit! The kit comes with a small volcanic rock, a pumice stone, sheets of paper, black paint, paint brush, a magnifying glass — all to build a volcano. Check out the video below to see the fun experiment and explosive result (this one is from Educents so you don’t have to see my kitchen..)
And there are so many more experiments! Think of a sibling science club coming to life in your home – or friends bonding over making volcanoes explode, and learning all about how the human body works! Getting kids excited about STEM learning is exciting stuff. And it’s especially exciting because it’s HALF OFF FOR 10 MORE DAYS.
Here’s the run down:
- Detailed, extensive 12-page colorful manual that is full of experiments and topic information
- Each manual was based on the award winning Magic School Bus Book (and TV) series
- A handy dandy cheat sheet for adults, so you can lead the way with no background in science (shhh.. I always preferred reading…)
- Tools and instructions for a at least 7 interactive experiments per month
- Online Clubhouse for further exploration on each package topic (take advantage of this!!)
- Certificate of Completion – a great way to reinforce learning and accomplishments
The Price: Package is for $119.00 currently (50% off deal for only ten days). You do have to pay it at once, but it comes out to $10/month over the course of the year. For me, that’s a solid investment!
Do you love The Magic School Bus in your homeschool?
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- 10 Award-Winning Programs Free for the Summer - June 13, 2018
- Sensory Bins for Hands-On Homeschooling - June 6, 2018
- Homeschooling High-Tech Kids Even When You’re Not Naturally High-Tech - May 19, 2018