I’ve always liked candles, but it’s not always practical to keep them burning all the time with kids around. I discovered the battery-operated LED candles at the dollar store, but they aren’t the prettiest things and they were missing those great candle scents I love. So, here is an idea to upcycle one of those dollar store battery-operated candles and give it a great cinnamon scent. Even if you have small children, you can enjoy this candle with no worry about fire!
DIY Upcycled Cinnamon Battery Operated Candle
Of course this project could be altered depending on the time of year. Just use different accents if you don’t want something Christmas-y.
1. Measure around your candle using your elastic.
2. Cut off 1.5″ inches smaller than your measurement.
3. Hot glue the ends of your elastic together.
4. Use the piece of elastic you cut off to hot glue around your rough edges that you had glued together.
5. Repeat these steps for your other color elastic.
6. Place your elastics around your candle.
7. No glue needed for this part! Just slide your cinnamon sticks into your elastic (your elastic will hold them in place).
8. Once you have your cinnamon sticks all the way around your candle add a couple small decorations! I used a large pom pom and a decorative branch.
9. Turn your candle on and no need to worry about a fire! Enjoy!
You might also enjoy my DIY Christmas series with other decorations and ornaments.
Latest posts by Sara (see all)
- 10 Award-Winning Programs Free for the Summer - June 13, 2018
- Sensory Bins for Hands-On Homeschooling - June 6, 2018
- Homeschooling High-Tech Kids Even When You’re Not Naturally High-Tech - May 19, 2018